Forgetting to pay a bill on time is inevitable. Yes, there are auto-pay options but a lot of people still prefer to pay their bills manually. Keeping track of when/how to pay can get tough. There are hundreds of third-party iOS apps competing for that space on your phone to help out with that. But why download and learn a new app when there's a built-in option that can auto-sync accoss your devices? Queue the iOS Reminders app.
Step 1: Create new list
- Open the Reminders app
- Tap the '+' button in the top right corner
- Select 'List' from the options (also select an account if multiple accounts exist)
Step 2: Edit the new list
- Enter a name for the new list
- Select a color for the new list
- Tap the ‘Done’ button to save the new list
Step 3: Create a bill reminder
- Tap the ‘+’ button in the first row of the list
- Enter a name for the bill
- Tap the ‘i’ button to edit the reminder
Step 4: Edit the new reminder
- Toggle the ‘Remind me on a day’ option to ON
- Select the bill due date in the ‘Alarm’ section
- Select ‘Monthly’ in the ‘Repeat’ section so that the reminder repeats on this date every month
- Select ‘Never’ in the ‘End Repeat’ section so the reminder repeats forever
- [Optional] Select a priority
- Enter any details about the bill in the ‘Notes’ section (ex. payment URL, account information)
- Tap ‘Done’ in the top right corner to save the reminder
Step 5: Clear the reminder once the bill is paid
- Tap the circle next to the reminder to clear the reminder
- After a few moments (or once the app is reloaded) the reminder for next month will appear
Step 6: Repeat for all of your bills!
- Add a reminder for all of your bills
- Once you complete a reminder, next month’s reminder is automatically created!
If this tutorial helped you please share and comment!
Also subscribe to the email list on the Contact page for more like this!